I spun and spun on my border leicester singles last week, enjoying them immensely. They were such a departure from the norm for me that every moment of spinning them was pretty exciting. By Sunday morning I had all the singles done and I was ready to ply. Now, I’d also purchased some extremely cheap border leicester raw wool so I decided to start washing that up, and then ply my singles while waiting for the raw wool to soak. I made a bobbin very very full of fuzz.
And then I washed the entire thing and hung it to dry. I ended up with 175 yards of 2 ply yarn. It is so fuzzy that I can’t really tell just how thick it would knit up as, so I won’t even try. But I really enjoy the look of it!